Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our Bridge

On 18th March of 2007, it was The Harbour Bridge's 75th Brithday(1932--2007). Australian people have a big celebration for her--She had a rest from the traffic on her brithday and people could walk through her. It was a spectacular amazing view! Absolutely!!!
The weather on that day wasn't so nice, no sunshine but no raining and not really hot, it was a suitale climate for walking outside.
My husband and I took my parents and our children to take part in the Bridge walking! We took the train at 1pm and got in
Wynyard about half past 1, than we changed the train to Milsons
Point. I've never ever seen train like that--fulled of people in the cabin!! A tin of sardine!! When we got our of the train I saw many staff stood on the platform to show which way people can go to the entry. But I thought we won't be loss even without the direction because everybody waw going there! just followed the crowd! When we got in the entry we got a little present from the Harbour Bridge--a green cap, you can see above. Then we started to walk! It was a hugh crowd, I never know how many people were there walking on the Bridge, I just saw the green cover the Bridge! Everyone was walking and taking photoes, some was singing and some was dancing, everyone was happy and enjoying. But just a while we got to the exit.When you are happy you never know time gone so fast!!
When we got home we all tired but we were so happy to been there and we are looking forward to next time--25 years later. I hope that I still alive!

1 comment:

Marion said...

A great recount Vicky! It was a great day wasn't it?